Are you thinking of how to remove Bloatware From Your Android Phone or are you frustrated with unnecessary preloaded apps taking up storage space and resources on your Android phone? Removing bloatware can help you free up space, improve device performance, and enhance your overall user experience. In this guide, we will walk you through the process of removing bloatware from your Android phone using the Universal Android Debloater tool. This tool is designed to safely uninstall unnecessary apps from popular Android smartphone brands such as Xiaomi, Realme, Oppo, and more. Let’s get started!
Remove Bloatware From Your Android Phone With Universal Android Debloater (2023)
- Start by downloading the Universal Android Debloater (UAD) from the provided link. Windows users should click on “Assets” and download the EXE file, while macOS users should download the .tar.gz file.
- Next, set up Android Debug Bridge (ADB) on your PC. You can follow the tutorial linked below for instructions on how to install ADB.
- Once ADB is set up, open a Terminal window (CMD for Windows or Terminal for macOS) and type “adb devices” before pressing Enter. If a serial number is displayed, you are ready to proceed.
- Move the downloaded UAD file to the platform-tools folder.
- Now, open the Universal Android Debloater tool. It will automatically detect your Android smartphone.
- After your device is detected, select “Recommended” from the top drop-down menu. This will provide you with a list of bloatware that can be safely removed based on your device’s ROM. It is advisable to stick to the “Recommended” list unless you are an advanced user.
- Select the packages you want to remove and click on “Uninstall Selection” at the bottom right. Before uninstalling a package, review the package name carefully and exercise caution.
- By following these steps, you can safely remove bloatware from your Android phone using the Universal Android Debloater. If you wish to restore a specific package, select “Uninstalled” or “Disabled” from the drop-down menu, choose the package, and click on “Restore Selection”.
- If you are unable to find a specific app in the debloater, you can use the Package Name Viewer 2.0 (Free, offers in-app purchases) from the Play Store on your Android phone. This app helps you find the package name of the desired app, allowing you to uninstall the bloatware directly.
- To remove carrier-specific bloatware, select “Carrier” from the third drop-down menu and uninstall the unnecessary apps. You can follow the same process to remove Google bloatware, OEM bloatware, AOSP apps, and more.
Uninstall Bloatware From Your Android Smartphone Without Root
Now you have learned how to completely uninstall bloatware from your Android device without requiring root access. While there are numerous debloater apps available, we recommend using the Universal Android Debloater due to its comprehensive documentation and support for major devices. If you are experiencing issues with Fastboot not detecting your Android device on Windows 10/11, we have a helpful guide available. Additionally, for a list of the best custom ROMs for Android, check out our curated list. If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below.
1. What is bloatware?
Bloatware refers to unnecessary preinstalled apps on a device that take up storage space and resources.
2. Why should I remove bloatware from my Android phone?
Removing bloatware can help free up storage space, improve device performance, and enhance user experience.
3. Does removing bloatware require rooting my Android device?
No, the Universal Android Debloater allows you to remove bloatware without the need for root access.
4. Can I restore a removed package using the Universal Android Debloater?
Yes, the tool allows you to restore removed packages if you change your mind.
Despite concerns raised by the Android community, bloatware remains a prevalent issue for Android users. However, the Universal Android Debloater tool offers a safe and effective solution for removing unnecessary apps from your Android smartphone. By following the step-by-step guide provided in this article, you can easily remove bloatware without the need for root access. The Universal Android Debloater tool is recommended for its comprehensive documentation and support for popular smartphone brands. Take control of your Android phone’s storage space and performance by removing unwanted bloatware today!