Are you excited about the latest advancements in AI technology showcased at Google I/O 2023? One of the highlights was the improvements made to Google Bard, an AI language model. Initially available in select countries, Google Bard is now accessible to users in 180 countries and territories worldwide. With its impressive range of features, you may be eager to learn how to leverage the power of Google Bard effectively. In this comprehensive guide, we will walk you through the steps to use Google Bard and explore its various options and features.
How to Use Google Bard
Step 1: Visit the Google Bard Website
To get started, open a new browser tab and navigate to the official Google Bard website. Click on the “Sign In” button to begin the process. Unlike Bing AI, which is limited to Microsoft Edge, Google Bard can be accessed from any browser of your choice.
Step 2: Sign in to Your Google Account
Once you reach the Google sign-in page, enter your Google account credentials and complete the sign-in process.
Step 3: Start Utilizing Google Bard AI
After signing in, you will land on Google Bard’s homepage. This is the main console, where you can find all the settings on the left sidebar and the primary chat window in the center. To initiate a conversation, just enter a prompt in the “Enter a Prompt here” text box. Within seconds, Google Bard will generate a response. You can continue the conversation and utilize Google Bard for all your AI assistant needs.
Explanation of Google Bard Options
While using Google Bard is relatively straightforward, understanding the available options will enhance your user experience. Let’s explore the options found in the left sidebar:
1. Reset chat: This option clears the entire chat history and starts a new conversation. Please note that ongoing chat sessions are not saved, and you cannot engage in multiple chats with Bard concurrently.
2. Bard Activity: Although chat sessions are not saved, your prompts are retained. By clicking this option, you can access a new window showcasing your Google Bard activity. You also have the choice to enable or disable auto-delete.
3. FAQ: This option directs you to a page containing frequently asked questions about Google Bard. It’s a useful resource for obtaining quick information.
4. Updates: Google frequently releases updates for its AI chatbot. This option provides access to changelogs for each update, allowing you to stay informed about the latest enhancements.
5. Help and Support: Clicking this option opens a dedicated Google Bard help page. It features a collection of questions and answers, as well as a feedback center for users needing further assistance.
Now, let’s shift our attention to the main chat window and explore its accessible features:
1. Edit Prompt: This button allows you to edit previously sent messages to the bot.
2. View other drafts: Clicking this button expands or collapses the window displaying Bard’s alternative answers to the same query. Bard generates three distinct responses for users to choose from.
3. Regenerate Drafts: If the initial response fails to satisfy you, clicking this button prompts Bard to generate a new response.
4. Export Response: This feature enables you to export the generated message to Google Docs or save it as a draft in Gmail.
5. Google it button: Selecting this button opens a new tab, conducting a Google search based on your query to provide additional information.
6. More button: This button provides access to copy and report options.
7. Microphone input: This feature allows users to engage in voice-based conversations with Bard. Currently, OpenAI’s ChatGPT Chrome extensions are the only alternative that allows for voice input.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Google Bard free to use?
Yes, Google Bard is completely free to use. Be cautious of impostor websites suggesting payment is required to access Google Bard, unless explicitly stated by Google themselves.
2. Is Google Bard still subject to a waitlist?
No, Google Bard’s availability was extended to 180 countries and territories where English is spoken. There is no longer a waitlist to access Bard. Simply follow the steps outlined above to utilize this powerful AI language model.
3. Which language model does Google Bard employ?
Google Bard utilizes the company’s advanced language model called PaLM 2, representing their next-generation technology. PaLM 2 is significantly more powerful and faster than Bard’s previous language model, known as LaMDA.
4. Does Google Bard utilize ChatGPT?
No, Google Bard relies on its proprietary language model called PaLM 2. In contrast, ChatGPT is an AI chatbot developed by OpenAI, which employs a combination of their own language models, including GPT-4.
By following these instructions and understanding the various options and features of Google Bard, you can fully leverage this powerful AI language model for a wide range of tasks. Whether it’s generating responses, conducting research, or simply engaging in conversation, Google Bard offers an intuitive and versatile platform for users worldwide.