The Android 12 operating system update is now available for Chromecast with Google TV 4K. The updated software is being promoted by Google with the build number STTE.220621.019.A2.9082754. The most recent Android 12 update for Google TV and Chromecast 4K is 722 MB in size. The Android TV OS will be upgraded from Android 10.
The July 2022 security patch is also included in the latest system upgrade. The Android TV OS has now received its second security level upgrade in 2022. Midway through July, the May 2022 security patch was released.
Included in the Android 12 system version, You may enable or disable the use of the camera and microphone for all applications. The user may now control the HDR and surround audio through new user options. You may now switch between different TV refresh rates while still being able to match content frame rates.
Chromecast with Google TV 4K Android 12 Update [Release Notes]
Here is the complete changelog of the A2.9082754 Android 12 update for Chromecast with Google TV.
- Upgrades Android TV OS from 10 to 12
- Additional user settings let you control HDR format and surround sound
- New! Match content frame rate allows you to switch between refresh rates
- Increased Security and Privacy
- New camera and mic privacy toggles let you disable or enable camera/mic access for all apps
- Android security patch level has been updated to July 2022
- Other bug fixes and performance improvements
Follow the instructions below to download and install the latest Android 12 update on a 4K Chromecast with Google TV.
- Launch the Google TV.
- Click the profile image in the top-right corner
- Go to Settings > System > About > System update.