MOV, the format for Apple’s QuickTime is among several video formats, such as MKV, AVI, MP4, MPG and MPEG. To convert MOV to MP4, you can either download a software or use your computer’s default settings.
Convert MOV to MP4 Using computer settings:
- Select the corresponding MOV file by locating it on your computer’s.
- The “File name extensions” setting on the file explorer header must be enabled in order to change the extension.
- Rename the file by selecting it with the right-click menu.
- Because MP4 is a subset of the QuickTime standard, you can convert a MOV file to MP4 format by simply changing the extension from “.mov” to “.mp4”.
Convert MOV to MP4 Using free software:
- Download the Handbrake program, which is available for both Windows and Mac.
- Start the program.
- Drag your “.mov” file into the Adapter window, then choose MP4 under “Output Settings.”
- Select “Start Encode.”
One example of free software is Handbrake. Use any of your preferences at your discretion.