If you’re tired of dealing with the sluggishness and unnecessary apps on your Google TV, you’re not alone. Many Google TVs come with pre-installed apps that can slow down the system and use up storage space. Fortunately, there’s a solution. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of easily removing these apps from your Google TV.
Removing Bloatware from Your Google TV in 2023
Let’s start by going through what you need to remove unwanted apps from your Android TV. If you already have the required tools, you can skip ahead to the process.
- ADB AppControl: Download and install the free ADB AppControl tool on your Windows PC. This user-friendly app is essential for removing pre-installed apps on Android devices, including Google and Android TVs.
- Android SDK Platform Tools: Download and extract the Android SDK Platform Tools to enable seamless connectivity between your PC, the app, and your TV.
- Enable Developer Options: Follow the instructions in our Android TV tips article to enable USB debugging on your Android TV.
- Find Your Android TV’s IP Address: Ensure that your PC and Android TV are on the same Wi-Fi network, and find your TV’s IP address through the network settings on your Android TV.
Setting up ADB AppControl:
Configuring ADB AppControl is a straightforward process. Here are the steps:
- Open ADB AppControl and click “OK” to acknowledge the message.
- Click “I Got It!” on the Quick Start guide.
- Enter your Android TV’s IP address in the top right corner.
- Allow the USB debugging connection on your TV when prompted.
- Install the ACBridge service to display the app names.
How to Uninstall Pre-installed Apps from Your Android/ TV:
Now that you’ve set up ADB AppControl, follow these steps to remove bloatware:
- Manually search for target apps in the list or click “Find and disable bloatware” to let the app locate them for you.
- If you choose the latter option, click “Apply” when prompted.
- Select the apps you want to remove by ticking the checkboxes.
- Click the dropdown menu at the bottom right and choose “Uninstall” or “Disable”.
- Confirm the removal by clicking “Yes”.
- Consider backing up the APK files in case of issues.
Enjoy a Bloatware-Free Android Smart TV:
By following these steps, you can eliminate unwanted bloatware from your Android TV and enhance its performance. Remember to exercise caution and avoid removing essential apps. Enjoy a smoother Android TV experience without unnecessary apps!
Can I use ADB AppControl with devices other than Android TV?
Yes, ADB AppControl is compatible with various Android devices.
Is it safe to use ADB AppControl?
Yes, ADB AppControl is a safe and easy-to-use tool for removing bloatware.
In this guide, we covered how to remove bloatware from your Android TV using ADB AppControl. Utilizing the outlined steps, you can free up storage space and enhance the performance of your Android TV. Remember to be cautious and preserve essential apps. Enjoy an optimized Android TV experience!