Google Bard has made significant updates with new features such as regional language support and Google Lens integration. However, it’s important to be mindful of the chat history stored by Google. In this guide, we’ll show you how to effectively delete your Google Bard chat history and permanently turn off Bard activity.
How to Delete Your Google Bard Chats
To remove your Google Bard chat history, follow these steps:
- Open Bard and click the hamburger menu in the top-left corner.
- Find your chats in the left sidebar.
- Hover over the chat you want to delete and click on the 3-dot menu.
- Select the “Delete” option.
- Confirm the deletion when prompted.
These steps will help you delete individual chats on Google Bard.
How to Stop Saving Google Bard Activity Permanently
To prevent Google from saving your Bard activity permanently, follow these instructions:
- Launch Google Bard and click on the “Activity” button in the top-right corner.
- Click on “Bard activity”.
- Turn off the “Bard activity” toggle to stop Google from collecting your data while using Bard.
- Delete all your existing Bard activity by clicking the “Delete” button and choosing the time period for deletion.
- Change the “Auto-delete” option to 3 months to automatically remove Bard activities older than three months.
By following these steps, you can ensure that your Bard activities are not permanently stored by Google.