In this tutorial, we will guide you through the process of enabling and using the Code Interpreter feature in ChatGPT. Code Interpreter in ChatGPT is an advanced feature that allows ChatGPT to interact with local files in various formats and perform tasks like data analysis and visualization. If you are a ChatGPT Plus user, you can access this feature and leverage its capabilities. Follow the steps below to enable and use Code Interpreter in ChatGPT.
How to Enable Code Interpreter in ChatGPT
1. Open ChatGPT (visit) and log in to your account. If you have not subscribed to the ChatGPT Plus plan, click on “Upgrade to Plus” in the bottom-left corner.
2. After upgrading to ChatGPT Plus, open “Settings” again from the bottom-left corner.
3. Go to “Beta features” and toggle on “Code interpreter”.
Note: If Code interpreter is not available in your account settings, it means the feature has not been rolled out to your account yet. You will have access to it soon.
How to Use Code Interpreter in ChatGPT
1. Once you have enabled Code Interpreter in ChatGPT, select the “GPT-4” model.
2. From the drop-down menu, choose “Code Interpreter”.
3. Now you will see the upload button (“+” icon) in the text box.
4. You can upload a file and use Code Interpreter in ChatGPT for tasks like data analysis and visualization. For example, you can convert an image-based PDF to a searchable PDF using the Tesseract library from Python, as shown in the image below.
5. Code Interpreter can also convert audio files to different formats. In the example below, it converted an audio file to AAC format using the “pydub” library and “ffmpeg”.
6. Additionally, you can upload a CSV file and ask Code Interpreter to visualize the data and provide key insights.
If you are a ChatGPT Plus user, make the most out of the Code Interpreter feature to enhance your productivity and perform complex tasks directly within ChatGPT.
1. Is Code Interpreter available for all ChatGPT users?
No, Code Interpreter is currently available only for ChatGPT Plus users. OpenAI has released it as a premium feature.
2. Can I use Code Interpreter to execute any programming language?
3. Can I interact with local files using Code Interpreter?
Yes, Code Interpreter enables you to interact with local files in various formats, including text files, images, audio files, and more.
4. How can I access Code Interpreter in ChatGPT?
First, you need to upgrade to the ChatGPT Plus plan. Once you have upgraded, you can enable Code Interpreter in the “Settings” section of ChatGPT.
5. Is Code Interpreter available on the mobile version of ChatGPT?
No, Code Interpreter is currently available only on the web version of ChatGPT and is not accessible on mobile devices.